From Cambodia to Japan

A Cambodian Student Looks at Life in Two Different Worlds


Poem: The Kitchen Garden Or The Song

11 Responses to “Poem: The Kitchen Garden Or The Song”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Words in both vertical and horizontal lines are all meaninful. You have incredible poem talent, Seserak!  

  4. # Blogger Lux

    Excellent  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Nice poem, Seserak.  

  6. # Blogger Random Blogger

    unbelievable!!! U are awesome, Seresak!  

  7. # Blogger Melissa

    Hi! I randomly came across your blog while searching for info on Cambodia! I just came back from a short trip to Siem Reap and Pnom Phen...Amazing! I live in Japan too! Where do you go to school? Your blog is awesome, by the way :)  

  8. # Blogger Sopha

    Really appreciate your great talent Seserak! Keep going :)  

  9. # Blogger seserak

    Thanks all for your comments. And thanks for spending time reading my poems.

    By the way, A.Bong Leakenak, the publication is not going to happen anytime soon. I still find my poems insufficiently significant. Not worthy of publication.

    I hope I could produce more better themes in the future.  

  10. # Blogger Melissa

    Is there any chance of getting an English translation of that poem? It looks beautiful :) I wish I could read it!  

  11. # Blogger seserak

    Melissa,

    I find this poem rather funny if I translate it into English(So, I decide not, ha-ha). Would be great if you could read Khmer.

    Well,actually, in the poem I describe the fruits in my kitchen garden, which is located right behind my house. The kind of home-grown fruits that you can see every where in Cambodia such as Coconut, Mango, Tortim, Kontout and Mkak( I don't know how you call the last three in English), all of which are sweet and sour in taste. Usually you eat them with salt and chilli; sometimes with Fish Source mixed with chilli.

    Don't forget these fruits next time you visit Cambodia. They are worth a try, believe me.  

Post a Comment