From Cambodia to Japan

A Cambodian Student Looks at Life in Two Different Worlds


Poem: Midnight Snow

12 Responses to “Poem: Midnight Snow”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Love your poem, seserak. Since departure from Cambodia, i hardly have time or chance to read such poem on the web. Thank you for sharing ;)  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This poem is best, i vote. Willing to see more published.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Seserak, how genius you are!!
    Anyways, as you know, in our Khmer poetry, there're various kinds of rythm - I mostly forget how to sing them now. Well, It would be better if you give more detail by their types, such as បទ​កាកតិ បទ​ពាក្យ​ប្រាំ​ពីរ ...  

  4. # Blogger p+k

    Proud of you bro, your achievement so far.  

  5. # Blogger seserak

    Sokhodom,

    Apology for my late reply. I just returned from a short trip to Nagoya. I've checked your blogs and found lots of interesting posts. Decided to link you to my blog. I hope you don't mind.

    Wanna ,

    You're very kind bro.

    Of the many verse forms we have, I love Kakate (បទ​កាកតិ)and Bot Peak Pram Pi( បទ​ពាក្យ​ប្រាំ​ពីរ ) the most.

    Both are beautiful. Poetry are easily composed using these two forms. They are also widely used by most Khmer poets.

    Kakate has seven lines while Bot Peak Pram Pi has four. So my above poem falls into the Kakate form.  

  6. # Blogger seserak

    Anonymous and PK,

    Thanks for dropping by.

    Vesna,

    Really appreciate your comment. I do hope so.

    Senior Sovannarith,

    Thanks a lot for correcting my spelling mistakes!  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I always appreciate your talented skill in poetry.

    Just to let you know that I am one of your fans!  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Don't mind my question!

    What is good about composing a poem? I would agree if we just compose for fun, but I don't understand why some people choose it as their careers.

    Any idea to be explained?  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i never know how serious u r in poetry. thought u just create some for the sank of fun but i guess i was wrong... u r incredible!  

  10. # Blogger khmerbird

    bravo,
    i wanted to write one but not be able to keep the rythme, the style and everything...

    finally i wrote in my own way,

    i admire you that you can respect the rythm and style ...

    good work

    is it written in Japan?  

  11. # Blogger Unknown

    Wonderful poem :) You're pretty good. BTW, I've been in Japan for many years what about you?  

  12. # Anonymous Anonymous

    U r very good at POEM. i really admire u.. :)  

Post a Comment