From Cambodia to Japan

A Cambodian Student Looks at Life in Two Different Worlds


Picture of the Day: Roast Beef with Prohok Sauce


This is one of the most famous disheh which is indispensable for any drinking shop in Cambodia. It's also one of my favorites. A dish like this usually costs about 6000 Riel( 1.5 Dollars).

9 Responses to “Picture of the Day: Roast Beef with Prohok Sauce”

  1. # Blogger Random Blogger

    Yum.. really miss it =(  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    graduate or undergraduate? wich uni. u're in? u might be da 1 i know :D  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm hungry now..BRB I'm go eat and will be back to put in some comments later. Ahaha j/k..:)  

  4. # Blogger admin

    What a beautiful photo! I usually see western food picture whenever I surf the web. But you have show me and the world our Cambodian food.  

  5. # Blogger seserak

    Kalyan, are you originally from Cambodia too?

    And sky, do you eat prohok?

    Tharum, now I wanna take back the pic cuz I'm getting hungrier and hungrier the more I look at it.Can't blog anymore!

    By the way, I am an undergraduate, mr/mss anonymous.  

  6. # Blogger Random Blogger

    I am 100% Cambodian! ;-)  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    they make their prohok sauce different than khmer ppl here the one in cambodia is alot sweeter. i noticed that cambodians in cambodia like alot of sweet foods i saw this one lady put 3 spoon full of sugar into her pa bor (rice soup) and she had only a small bowl it wasn't even a big bowl...  

  8. # Anonymous jeff

    I'm Khmer-American. I don't really like prahok. but I like ka tieu and i love mee mpoang moeu saik kho.  

  9. # Anonymous socheata

    Ur cambodia food pic is so nice but sometime this food make us diarrhea na.if this food is clean it is good for us  

Post a Comment